The health and safety of everyone who enters our theatre is our top priority. Live theatre is a dynamic exchange of energy between storytellers and audience. As much as we are able, let’s not add getting sick to our collective experience. One of the best ways to do this is to get vaccinated and test for infection before you congregate among people outside of your own household. Regardless of vaccination status, every audience member has a part to play at NC Stage:
- Everyone must wear a mask.
- The mask will need to cover your nose and mouth,
- Be N95 or KN95 or an equivalent,
- For cloth masks, double layered or such that when held up to a light, the light does not pass through it. Bandanas, neck gaiters, and the like, will not be permitted.
- Masks will be provided at the theatre for anyone who needs one.
- Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Proof may be presented via a digital photo or physical copy of your vaccination card.
- Proof must be accompanied with a photo ID.
- Minors ages 12-17 may show a vaccination card without photo ID.
- Provide proof of a negative lab-conducted COVID-19 test taken within 48-72 hours of the performance.
- Proof must be accompanied with a photo ID.
- Negative tests must be dated and show your name.
- Minors ages 17 and under may show proof of a negative test result without photo ID.
- COVID-19 antigen test taken the day of the performance being attended
- At home rapid tests will not be accepted.
- If you are not feeling well or waiting for the results of a COVID test, please stay home. You have several options to see the performance:
- Exchange your ticket for another time,
- Enjoy live streaming, available with each performance,
- Exchange the ticket for credit for another show, or
- Request a refund.
- Practice social distancing.
- 6′ is the recommended distance to prevent transmission via droplets.
- 6′ is not always possible, practical, or marked out; each individual can help reduce risk by giving people who are not in their party reasonable space. Think two arms lengths when feasible and avoid crowding.
- Plan ahead with patience & kindness.
- Give yourself a little more time to get downtown, arrive at the theatre, and go through new venue protocols,
- Be kind to others as we all navigate changes together,
- Things are different now and will undoubtedly change as conditions evolve,
- Changes may happen quickly based on local, state, and CDC guidance.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wash hands, use hand sanitizer,
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR MASK TO SNEEZE!
If you are not comfortable with these requirements, and/or if you refuse to wear a mask or practice social distancing or if you engage in behavior that puts audiences, performers, volunteers, or staff at risk, you will not be admitted or will be asked to leave the theatre.
Additional NC Stage Covid procedures include:
- All shows will be offered as limited capacity in-person and live streaming online. Theatre occupancy will be limited to 50% to provide space between audience members and lower the amount of potential pathogens in the air.
- All staff, artists and volunteers present in the theatre will be vaccinated.
- Improved indoor air quality featuring increased air flow, MERV 13 filters, fresh air ventilation, HEPA filtration, and UV-C air treatment.
- We will adjust audience arrivals and flow into and out of the theatre to avoid congestion and give space between attending parties.
- Concessions sales are suspended until further notice; bottled water is allowed only in the lobby. Audiences must remain masked at all times while in the theatre.
- Should any staff, volunteers, artists or audience members experience Covid-19 symptoms, or are feeling sick in any way, we ask you to stay home to care for yourself as well as to respect the health, safety and well being of others.
- Enhanced cleaning practices, regularly disinfected high traffic and high touch areas and multiple hand sanitizing stations are in place.
- We will continue to adhere to guidance from the CDC, State and Local agencies, which are subject to change.
Covid Ticketing Policies:
For the Fall 2021 Season, NC Stage will provide every opportunity to provide a stellar theatrical experience either at the theatre with social distancing in place, or in the comfort of your own home through a live stream. We will not be selling subscriptions this season.
- Tickets will be one price regardless of section. You may still choose your preferred location subject to availability.
- You will be able to purchase as many tickets as you want and the ticketing software will automatically adjust for social distancing.
- Availability will be extremely limited; all tickets must be purchased in advance. We are unable to sell tickets at the door at this time.
- We are offering a flexible exchange, credit or refund policy at this time.
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact the box office by emailing [email protected] or by calling 828.239.0263.
While these policies are intended to ensure everyone at NC Stage stays healthy and safe, they do not guarantee protection against COVID-19. Ticket holders assume their own risk when they enter the theater.