(Updated as of 03/2023. Policy is ALWAYS subject to change)
Based on current guidance and research from the CDC and our local health department, we have REVISED our current COVID safety policy. Please see changes below. If you refuse to comply with these requirements or if you engage in rude or abusive behavior towards audience members, performers, volunteers, or staff you will not be admitted or will be asked to leave the theatre. We will continue to live stream performances as licensing agreements allow for those who would prefer to watch from home.
- We will still require that everyone age 2 and older must wear a mask.
- WHY? Our space is small and intimate. This is a wonderful benefit for immersing our audience in a story and for being in close proximity to the actors onstage, but it is a drawback for airflow and social distance. We must keep the artists on our stage healthy in order to keep our doors open. The best way to do this is to have an audience that is fully masked. We will also continue to run industrial air filtration units in the lobby and theatre. Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation!
- The mask will need to cover your nose and mouth at all times and should be
- An N95, KN95, a tight fitting surgical mask, or a multilayered cloth mask
- Bandanas, scarves, neck gaiters, and the like, will not be permitted
- Complimentary masks will be provided at the theatre for anyone who needs one
- Though we encourage everyone who is able to be vaccinated and boosted for their own health and safety, we will NO LONGER be checking vaccination cards OR negative tests at the door.
- If you are not feeling well or are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, we continue to ask that you please stay home. You have several options to see the performance
- Exchange your ticket for another time OR
- Enjoy live streaming of the performance through our online streaming platform OR
- Exchange the ticket for credit for another show OR
- Request a refund.
- Practice social distancing in the lobby and other waiting areas
- Plan ahead with patience & kindness and allow extra time for parking and arrival
- CONCESSIONS ARE BACK! Please arrive early to enjoy your drink or snack in the lobby. No food or drink will be allowed in the theatre.
Additional NC Stage COVID-19 procedures include:
- All shows will be offered as limited capacity in-person and live streaming online. Theatre occupancy will be limited to around 80% to provide space between audience members and lower the amount of potential pathogens in the air.
- All staff, artists, and volunteers present in the theatre are vaccinated and boosted.
- Improved indoor air quality featuring increased air flow, MERV 13 filters, fresh air ventilation, HEPA filtration, and UV-C air treatment.
- We will continue to adhere to guidance from the CDC, State and Local agencies, which are subject to change.
COVID Ticketing Policies:
For the 2022-23 Season, NC Stage will provide every opportunity to experience a stellar theatrical experience either at the theatre with social distancing in place, or in the comfort of your own home through a live stream. Season Subscriptions will be available for the first time since 2020!
- Tickets will be sold on a tiered pricing system. You may choose your preferred location subject to availability
- We are no longer allowing an empty seat in between orders for social distancing purposes
- We are offering a flexible exchange, credit, or refund policy at this time.
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact the box office by emailing [email protected] or by calling 828.239.0263.
While these policies are intended to ensure everyone at NC Stage stays healthy and safe, they do not guarantee protection against COVID-19. Ticket holders assume their own risk when they enter the theater.